For information about In-Year Casual Admissions, please read the Admissions Arrangements document (below) relevant to the year you would like your child to join our school or contact our school office directly, but please note the following information:
- Cliffe Woods Primary School, as its own Admission Authority, deals with all requests for a casual admission place. This means that parents must apply directly to the school if they wish to apply for a place.
- The casual admission process will aim to make a casual admission placement within 10 school days of receipt of the application, but in any case, the parent will be advised of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt of the application.
- Parents can apply for a casual admission at any time during the school year.
- If no places are available at the time of application, parents have the right to appeal the decision of the Admission Authority to refuse a place.
- If no places are available at the time of application, a waiting list will be maintained.
- Names are kept in priority order according to the oversubscription criteria and not according to how long a child’s name has been on the list.
- Any place that becomes available will be offered to the child at the top of the list.
- All vacancies will be allocated as they arise.
For further information about September Year R (Foundation Stage) admissions to primary school or to apply for a place online, please follow the link below, but get in touch if you would like any further information:
For information about admission to Year R in September 2022, we are running a series of Open Days for you to come and have a look round our school. All the dates can be found on our Events calendar so please take a look and then get in touch to make an appointment. If you are interested in finding out about our fantastic school and getting a taste of what we can offer your child, please call Joanna Friar, our Admin Manager, to find out more - we look forward to hearing from you! .
For information and advice for parents with summer born children (children born between 1 April and 31 August) please see the attached documents:
Foundation Stage - Academic Year 2021/22
15th January 2021, 5 pm - Applications close (National Closing Date)
16th April 2021 - The offer of a place in a school will be sent to parents (National Offer Day).
14th May 2021 - This is the deadline for places to be accepted/refused and requests to go on a waiting list and appeals must be submitted by. If you do not want a place in the school you have been allocated you can appeal for the school of your choice. Your appeal should state your reasons for this request. Additional information may be submitted later and full information regarding your appeal will be sent to you once the school receives your initial request in writing.
June/July 2021 (Date to be confirmed) - Year R appeals to be heard. We have received the following information from our Admissions Appeals Administrators:
"If your child is due to start primary school in September 2021 you can appeal between 16th April -14th May 2021 to guarantee that your appeal will be heard by 16th July 2021. For applications made in the normal admission round, appeals must be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. For late applications, appeals should be heard within 40 schools days from the deadline for lodging appeals where possible, or within 30 schools days of the appeals being lodged."
It is advisable to place your child on the school’s waiting list alongside any appeal request.
The school has a Planned Admission Number (PAN) of 60. It must be noted that Infant Class Size legislation will prevent numbers being increased above 60 in any EYFS/KS1 year group.
Any appeals lodged after 14th May 2021 for Foundation Stage will be treated as ‘casual admissions’ and will be heard within 30 school days of submitting the request.
If you have any queries regarding an appeal, you are asked to read the FAQs and School's Defence Statement below before contacting the school.